Preservation of your privacy is important to Wheathampstead Community Group and we are committed to letting you know how we use your personal information and to making only responsible use of your data.
References to “we”, “us”, “you” or “our” in this Policy are references to Wheathampstead Community Group, a volunteer led charity registered in England and Wales, registered charity number: 269899.
Wheathampstead Community Group takes the privacy of our beneficiaries, supporters and volunteers very seriously. We are strongly committed to protecting your privacy and every reasonable effort is taken to ensure that your information is kept secure and intact. This policy describes how Wheathampstead Community Group collects and uses personal information provided to us. This policy also states how and why we use data.
The terms of this policy may change, so please check it from time to time. This version published on 29thMay 2018, supersedes all previous versions.
By providing personal data to us, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. If you have any queries about this policy, require a copy of your personal information, would like us to correct or update any information, orwould like information deleted from our records, please contact:
Data Protection Officer and Hon Treasurer:-
33 Ash Grove
Herts, AL4 8DF
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provides the legal framework that defines how personal information can be used.
- Wheathampstead Community Group is fully committed to complying with the principles set out in GDPR and has a legal duty to protect any information we collect from you.
|Mike Greensmith, Data Protection Officer||29 May 2018|
- We are committed to letting you know how we use your personal information and to making only responsible use of your data.
- Wheathampstead Community Group is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office, registration number A8318582
Information about you
- We will collect personal information from you when you: o enquire about our services,
o register as a volunteer/driver,
o or make a donation upon which we may be able to claim gift aid.
- This information may include your name, title, email address, physical address, telephone numbers and date of birth.
How it is collected
- In respect of our supporters and volunteers, personal information is collected upon forms, which include the authority to store and utilise that data.
- For beneficiaries of our services, personal data may be collected via telephone or email before transcribing onto our records. Basic information may initially be passed to us by outside agencies.
Our use of this information
- Your personal data will be utilised in the operation and administration of the
services provided by Wheathampstead Community Group and for communicating with you.
- Your personal data is held and utilised by the executive committee of the Wheathampstead Community Group.
- Your personal data will only be shared with registered volunteers within the organisation who need it to perform our services.
- Referrals to other agencies are only made with your knowledge and consent and on the understanding that your details remain confidential.
- Your personal data is only used for the purpose for which we collect it.
- We will keep your information up to date. Inaccurate or misleading data will
be corrected as soon as possible.
- Personal information is retained only for as long as it is required for the
- Your information will be protected from unauthorised or accidental disclosure and processed in an appropriate manner to maintain its integrity and confidentiality.
- We will provide you with a copy of your personal information on request
- These principles apply whether we hold your information on paper or in electronic form.
- Wheathampstead Community Group adheres to a strict policy of
confidentiality concerning client’s personal circumstances.
- We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of information you give us.