The Wheathampstead Community Group (WCG) has been serving the village of Wheathampstead and surrounding areas for 45 years. WCG is a registered charity that aims to provide help and support to any resident of the village.
- We organise transport for people who cannot get to hospital, doctors appointments or collect prescriptions.
- We provide an Internet Cafe at the The Library at the Memorial Hall every Tuesday morning
- We try to support people who are going through difficult times by discussing areas of possible help.
- We may in certain circumstances help people in financial difficulty where there is a specific need.
- We arrange lunch meetings for individuals over the age of 75 and living alone.
- We liaise with other voluntary and statutory agencies and lobby on specific issues affecting Wheathampstead residents.
- We do many different things within the Wheathampstead Parish and we are all volunteers.