We do many different things within the Wheathampstead Parish.
WCG Luncheon Club
The Wheathampstead Community Group organise a monthly luncheon at The Bull in Wheathampstead for a small number of senior citizens who live alone.
We have volunteer drivers who collect individuals from their homes and then take them home after the luncheon. This lunch and the companionship is thoroughly enjoyed and due to its popularity there is now a waiting list.
Helping those in need
We have a very active community secretary who helps with a hug array of things. We receive referrals from other charities, doctors, and health visitors who recognise vulnerable people in need.
We have been busy over the last year
- Helping to source items to make life easier for people in need.
- Helping to source items such as cookers, fridges and beds for those unable to afford to replace such items.
- Helping the elderly/infirm make necessary repairs to their houses.
- Making donations to ensure families under pressure get a fabulous day out; that children are able to have a full school uniform and help them join their friends on a school trip which they otherwise would not have been able to attend.
- Making arrangements to ensure that vulnerable families in need have access to food.
- Arranging gardening help for those no longer able to do it.
Plant Sale at Village Day
Each year we run a plant sale at Village Day to help us raise vital fund for our charity.
Each year we hold a fabulous carol concert at the Memorial Hall. It is a wonderful event and we are lucky enough to have the Abbey Gateway Orchestra.