We would like to thank all those who helped with the WCG appeal for 2017, whether you volunteered or gave a donation. This a vital fundraiser for the Wheathampstead Community Group. It helps us to assist those people who have be referred to us via health visitors, children’s centres, CAB, Scout Leaders, GP’s and many different sources.
We are really pleased that we smashed previous donations received and raised an amazing £9,698! This total includes over £1,600 in Gift Aid which makes a huge difference to the overall total.
Without the generosity of the Wheathampstead community, the help that we could provide would be greatly reduced. So thank you!
- 34 Volunteers delivered to over 1,600 properties on 48 roads in Wheathampstead, approximately 60% of all residential and commercial properties in the village.
- Our volunteers made around 5,000 calls to properties in total in delivering and collecting our appeal envelopes.
- Each volunteer made on average around 140 calls each.
- 658 separate donations were made by our generous supporters, totalling ￡8.000.34
- The average donation was ￡12.15.
- 17 people donated on line raising ￡497.61 including gift aid.
- 390 of those making donations game permission to claim gift aid on their donation, 60% of all those making donations.
- This has enabled WCG to claim an additional ￡1,402.95 in gift aid from HMRC.
- A further ￡1,180.54 of the donations is eligible for the Gift Aid small donations scheme, enabling WCG to claim a further ￡295.24 from HMRC.
- The total gift aid claimed from HMRC is therefore ￡1,698.18
- Including gift aid, the total amount raised by the annual appeal in 2017 was a record ￡9,698.52.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer or helping with the 2018 appeal please do get in touch