We would like to thank the wonderful Gwladys Shone for all her time and effort with the Wheathampstead Community Group. Gwladys is stepping down from her invaluable Committee Secretary post for the WCG after many years.
Therefore Wheathampstead Community Group (WCG) are seeking a Committee Secretary, who is responsible for the smooth running of our formal meetings and the recruitment and administration of our volunteers. The role is important to the support of our Chair.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role are:
Ensuring that WCG Committee and Annual General meetings are run efficiently and are properly recorded:
- Formulating agendas with the Chair;
- Collecting, organising and distributing documents for meetings;
- Ensuring communication of Committee decisions;
- Organising Annual General Meetings in accordance with the requirements of the WCG constitution;
- Ahead of the Annual General Meeting, receive and process nominations from WCG members for Officers. Should nominations exceed vacancies, then administer any elections;
- Ensuring that all WCG meetings are recorded and those records stored;
Recruiting and administering WCG volunteers:
- Keeping a record of all new volunteers and ensuring that they are all DBS checked.
- Liaising as appropriate with the Committee member to whom new volunteers may be assigned;
- Liaising with the database administrator to ensure the database of WCG volunteers is up to date;
- Emailing WCG members and volunteers about events and meetings;
- Coordinating WCG’s annual appeal with other committee members, taking responsibility for the recruitment, briefing and administration of volunteer collectors.
Do you know anyone who used to be an accountant or is a whiz with numbers? Would you like to help your local charity? We would love to hear from you if you do. Get in touch